domingo, 8 de agosto de 2010

Our Apartment!

To the right is our apartment building. It is huge! 36 Stories! We live on the 12th story. And as you can see, on clear days we have a beautiful view of the Andes Mountains.
-><-
Though it is too cold now, soon we will be enjoying this amazing pool!
Now, we get to the inside of our apt... It is a 2 bedroom, 2 bath, with a galley kitchen. And we love it! For the price it is a very spacious apartment here in Santiago. And it is brand new, which is fun for us!
This is our dining/living room. We haven't bought a couch yet so our table is more in the middle of the room instead of on the "dining" side :) Also, where the curtains are is our balcony that has a fantastic view of the city!
-><- Next up is our kitchen! We adore it! All new appliances and tons of fun gadgets to play with! We love cooking together and so have had a ton of fun in there :)

----->
And this will be our office nook. We bought this arquitect's desk cheap from a friend thats moving to Canada.
-><-
As you can see in all the pics we are big fans of the Asian lampshades :) Cute and CHEAP!

-><-
Below is our guest bathroom. Small but cute.
Now we have the Master bedroom and bath. Our bedroom needs a little work in the decorating department. It currently looks very white. But we will get there in time :)


So thats our wonderful apartment! Hope you enjoyed this virtual tour!


































































































3 comentarios:

  1. Me encanta tu apartamento! Que lindo! SO GLAD to have a place to keep up with you! I will respond to your Facebook message here so you have something to read on your new blog! YAY!

    First of all, CONGRATS! Second of all, WE HAVE THE SAME ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!! I'm SO excited about that! Haha! I've been trying to keep up with the pics and stuff on FB. You were a gorgeous bride and you guys look SO happy! We will be praying for your new marriage. PLLLLEASE feel free to ask me ANYTHING if you have any "wife" questions! I'm not a pro, but I have 5 years under my belt and would love nothing more than to share what I know! Of course, part of the fun is learning yourself, but if you ever need anything, I'm here for you!

    Things with us are great! We just finished a whirlwind Summer (Uhhh, winter) of 3 American teams and it was amazing! God truly blessed us with some fabulous teams and experiences! Now we are preparing to go to the states from Sept 28-Oct 26 to see our families. We are hoping to have MANY opportunities to speak about the work that God is doing here in Peru, so most of our time now is preparing material for that. Very fun! Life is insane and we love it :)

    Spanish is...getting there! Actually, we had our first spanish class in almost 3 months and our professor said she was surprisingly impressed and pleased with how well we were doing. She said she half expected to have to start from square one (NOT because of us, but because with most American students she has had that missed a lot of class, that was the case) So that was good to hear for sure! Because of several circumstances and just being so busy, we have not had a ton of time for formal classes since we have been here, so considering most of our Spanish has been picked up just conversationally, I say we are doing pretty well! I understand about 75% of most conversations and I can usually pick up what is going on just from broken understanding for the other 25% of the time. My English to Spanish is not quite there yet, but I make it work. I have had several people comment on how much easier it is to talk to me since I got here, so I will take that as a compliment!

    Agreed. I WOULD LOVE to see you and meet your HUSBAND :) Dont you just love saying that?! Whethere here or there or somewhere in between! Maybe once we get back from the states we can start looking at dates? I hope you are well and settling nicely! SO good to hear from you and looking forward to keeping up with your blog! Love you, friend!

    Oh, P.S. You can find me at www.amandalaura.blogspot.com

    ResponderEliminar
  2. tendrían el agrado de escribir por lo menos algunas veces en español? Por favoooor! jaja

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I love it! And you're so right--we really do need to come visit you and try out that aweome slide!! :) Love you!

    Oh--and is it ok to put you on my blogroll on our blog? I wanted to get permission first :)

    ResponderEliminar